Saturday, December 14, 2013

Framing with a twist

Tackled that remaining wall today. This section would be 8' 4" from the corner but since there is already a 24" wide module, I only needed to build a 6' 4" by 20" wide section. As I've mentioned, the disadvantage in this room is using it as a workshop AND building the railroad in the same place. Means I have to move everything several times but as I use up my surplus supplies, there is less under (over and on) the layout that has to be moved.
Irwin Yard to the left, Herminie Mine on the peninsula

 The section along the wall went very smoothly. The peninsula ... well, that's another story. If you look carefully at the photo you see the end seems to twist from the upper left to the lower right. Well, it does. I tried to keep the module exactly square as I built it but something went wrong. Big time. According to the level it's within tolerance ... barely. I am not so sure. Will see if I can get Bruce to come over and offer his opinion. At least I cleared out enough space he can come into the train room!

No comments:

Post a Comment