Saturday, December 28, 2013

Dad's Coming To Town

My father and my sister are coming to visit today, along with Cathy's kids. This is the first time my Dad will see the house since we bought it last year and I spent a very, very productive day in the train room wrapping up the benchwork so I could show off the train room.
What a sight!
I glued the last piece of insulation to the benchwork and I decided to temporarily put up the front fascia to make it look a little more finished. Again, I reused pieces from the last layout so there are holes cut where a Digitrax plug connector would be placed and since I have not even considered how the wiring will be completed, the holes are completely random.
Eventually, an 8" wide, double track connector will span the gap at this end of the layout

I did a thorough cleaning of the room, moving all the remaining scraps under the benchwork. There is still a lot of leftovers that I will eventually discard once I am sure I have no need for the item. As I straightened up, I began to think once I have the layout pretty far along, I can remove one of the larger storage drawers, the tub of DCC wires and controls will be on the layout and the racks and stacks of the rolling stock kits will be as well.
Can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment