Monday, November 25, 2013

It starts with a plan

Now that I have a solid track plan, I started mounting the modules from the old layout to the wall. I will be able to reuse at least four of the 2' x 4' modules. I started in the corner farthest from the interior door and worked along the outside wall, setting the modules on the support board Bruce and I put up a couple weekends ago and added cantilevered braces so there will be no leg supports to kick ... a nuisance I found with the last layout. Using one of the old legs for a temporary brace, I was able to quickly mount the 3 modules. Nice!
Cantilevered braces hold up the benchwork
Look at all that under layout storage with no legs in the front to get in the way. As I told Bruce, the more I build, the less I have stored in the train room which makes every step enjoyable. On the down side, a 10' x 10' train room is small with all the working materials and dragging in the power mitre saw and workmate work bench to cut the braces. Small price to pay for this awesome room.

No comments:

Post a Comment