Thursday, December 3, 2015

Waybills, Part 2 (Updated)

Last night I completed 61 4-cycle waybills and since each waybill has 4 routes, this means 244 separate directions. Mind...is....numb. So, I created a XLS and listed each one so I could be sure my Actual waybills was close to the calculated number. I was dead on ... in a few cases.
A couple over or under is probably not too bad, but the staging areas (East, West, North) are a bit worrisome. I have DOUBLE the number of waybills for points West (Pittsburgh, Dayton, Cincinnati, Chicago, and St. Louis) that I need. Traffic jam!! What is pretty cool is that it appears most of the industries will be serviced pretty close to plan.
Guess I'll just have to run a cycle or two so I can see how to fix it.

UPDATE:
Well, it turns out that I was slightly off in my calculations. As I reviewed the numbers, I entered an entire train's worth of cars twice. I'm still over capacity for westbound cars but removing the duplicates cut the overs in half.
Still a little nervous on the first operation session with this setup!

No comments:

Post a Comment