Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Signs

Bruce's recent question of geography and where the Irwin district is located in the state of Pennsylvania also prompted me to improve the signs around the layout.Some time ago, I found an interesting little website (http://prr.railfan.net/cgi/makesign3.cgi?string=Greensburg&type=key) where you can create image files that look like the PRR station signs - with or without the keystone border. I created one of each kind for the towns on the layout and eventually decided to mount the non-keystone ones at each of the towns.

Irwin Yard with the sign between the throttles
Uniontown
East McKeesport

Herminie also got a sign but that side of the peninsula is a mess right now as I work on the scenery for the company houses so I did not take a picture.
Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment