Thursday, November 5, 2015

Waiting for the train show

The Dayton NMRA train show is this weekend and I have a list of things to look for. Usually, I come home with $30 or $40 worth of supplies. I have specific items I am looking and frequently don't find them but I enjoy browsing. Bruce is meeting me at the show and I am sure we will find several excuses to spend money.
In the meantime, I am niching away at my To Do list. I finished the basic structures for all 3 company houses and am now working on adding the porches, cementing the roofs, and placing interior floors and walls - easier to do as you assemble the building than adding them later! Ask me how I know!!
Eventually, I want all the buildings to have simple interiors and lighting - again to add to the illusion of the real world. I also fixed (sort of) the PPG loading dock and added a sign to the Heinz building. Last week, I finally cut Joe's Music to fit in East McKeesport and was showing Bruce the leftover 1/2 building, saying I was disappointed that I had to cut it. He suggested I trim it and place it further down the street. Wow! It worked!
Cutting one building into two
I started adding floors into that building tonight as well and updated some of the operations documents. So lots of little things getting done - still need to work on the backlog of cars that derail but no room on my work desk with all these other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment