Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Finally!

I needed 5 switches, 8 pieces of flextrack and 9 pieces of cork to finish the track laying phase of the layout. My normal mail order supplier did not have the switches and I wanted everything together so I would only pay one shipping & handling charge. I had to research several places before I found one that had all 3 items and were at least partially discounted from the retail price. I placed the order which was immediately confirmed and then later marked "Awaiting Shipment".
Then I waited two weeks. The website said shipping would take 3-4 days. My credit card was charged within 48 hours of the order. Finally, I sent an email (they do not have a phone to lower costs) asking what the delay was and when I could expect shipment.
The next day I received a shipment tracking number and the package is on the way. I really hope it is everything I am expecting. My typical work week is going to be significantly lighter soon, for about 2 weeks, and I would love to be able to complete the tracklaying and at least start the electrical. I have a general idea but need to work out some specifics before then.
Getting exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Follow up. I have a delivery date ... approximate 12 hours AFTER my plane takes off for my next business trip!! LOL

    ReplyDelete