Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Road Trip

Last week, the twins had Thursday and Friday off, so we planned a mini vacation/road trip to West Virginia and Pittsburgh with something for everyone. Besides riding the Monongahela Incline Railway and visiting the Heinz History Museum, I got a chance to stop into my favorite hobby shop, T & K Hobby in Bridgeport OH, and check out Patrick's Trains in Wheeling WV. Of course, I came back with a collection of projects - pine trees, scenery materials, two Pennsy cabin cars (caboose) and a B&O box car. I also got some Walther's fuel tanks to detail Dailey's Coal and Fuel. I won't be able to work on the layout until this weekend but I think I have a list of activities I will try to make some progress on:
  • Finish ballasting the track. I have about 20 feet of mainline and a few sidings and this aspect of layout building will be done.
  • Finish Rt 30 overpass scenery. I created the park and want to add some bushes and complete the other hillside that is still bare earth colored paint. 
  • Detail Dailey's. I plan to add the fuel tanks, a partial coal bunker, and some details here. Adding a lighted office in the building would clinch this little scene vignette.
  • Scenery around Vic's Bait and Tackle. I have a couple of laser cut wood outhouses to build and I want to carve a canoe to lean against the building but I should have enough trees and bushes to complete the scenery. Since this is below the B&O trestle bridge, I need to finish that to complete the scene. 
  • Build one or two cabin cars.
Hope the family doesn't have too many activities planned this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment