Friday, November 11, 2011

Back at the layout

I was on the road this week for work and did not even get a chance to stop in a local hobby store. But I did think a lot about what I wanted to do when I got back and created the list in the previous post. Right after dinner tonight, I was in the basement working on a couple different projects. First, I fixed a couple of the fascia edges with some trim molding my dad gave me from his scrap pile - saved me a fortune!  I would have bought 16' of wood for some 3'+. Anyway, I glued those to the fascia so I can paint them tomorrow.

Next I tried to plant some underbrush in the park on the Rt 30 overpass. I do not like how my trees and plants are turning out so I will have to keep experimenting. This effort was no improvement. I'll let it dry and then determine the damages. I did put some dirt and grass down on the far side of the overpass and I hope to have this scene pretty complete except for a small Mom & Pop roadside store.

I ballasted the sides of the remaining mainline. This is a two step process so I hope to finish it tomorrow as well as finish the remaining 4 or 5 feet of sidings. Then ... maybe ... I can put up the ballast containers except for a patch here or there. Of course, as I was working tonight I noticed ALOT of heres and theres already. *Sigh*.

To access the track, I piled most of the buildings on my workbench which means I can't work in the cabin cars or weather the B&O bridge but that is probably a good thing. As you can tell, I dabbled on 3 different projects already. FOCUS Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment