Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend Efforts

Well, I had a busy weekend and was not sure how much I could accomplish. First, there was the NMRA Div 3 Train Show in Dayton which Bruce and I managed to get to Saturday morning. I managed to find a couple of the progress-stopping items that I needed but as usual came home with about 1/2 of what I was hoping to find. I plan to scrub through my wish list and shopping list and maybe make 1 or 2 more mail order placements to get me through into next year.
Part of what I need to plan for is that fact that I am moving into the scenery phase of my layout. Over the last week or two I managed to lay ballast between ties on about 1/2 of the layout. This weekend I was able to ballast the sides of all the track in Penn Hills and Hermine. My next blog post will be describe the 3 step process in more detail.
The big thing I did this weekend was install the first - and the anchor - scenery divider which runs diagonally down the peninsula to separate Penn Hills (left) from Hermine (right). There will be another scene break hiding the mainline tracks along the back wall next to Penn Hills.
All track on peninsula ballasted and scenery divider installed

No comments:

Post a Comment