Monday, October 6, 2014

Tracklaying Complete

What a productive weekend! I spent a few hours in the trainroom Friday evening and laid most of the cork roadbed on the peninsula and then all day Saturday finishing the track. Done! I even placed a scenery divider on the peninsula so I could get an idea of how things would look running.
Bruce came over Sunday to check out my progress. We walked around the layout and I pointed out the slight modifications I made from his plan - added a spur at the mine for a boxcar of supplies, and another track in the East Yard. I also pointed out where a few of the curves were less than the planned 21" including the lead into Herminie which I ended up just using the Atlas 18" rail pieces I had on hand - looks just fine.
We were looking at the trackwork in East McKeesport when he said, "I see you took that one siding out. Looks good."
"What? What are you talking about? I did not leave out any spurs.!" I replied.
Except for the one he pointed to on the diagram, Oops.
Flow the instructions Eric.
It almost worked out, as I have one extract Atlas #4 switch (the standard on this layout) but of course it's a left hand and I need a right hand. Good thing the Cincinnati NMRA Div 7 Train Show is this coming weekend!
A old MRC powerpack, 2 alligator clips and we ran PRR 8805 GP7 around the track for a while. OK, not perfect but still progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment