Sunday, January 5, 2014

Lighting and learning

I decided today to fix the light valance. Not sure why I did not do this months ago before I installed the benchwork but I knew I wanted it done before I had too much track installed.
Before - 3 light cords and a dangling power strip
I used the existing wiring from the old layout and mounted the light bars with 3 power cords that I temporarily (some 12 months) plugged into a dangling power cord. Well, convenient but ugly with the extra cords tucked up sort of behind the sky valence. A couple of hours today while listening to the Bengals lose and it looks a lot better.
Light valence complete
 Now I plan to wire the one cord at the entrance of the room to a light switch so I can walk in an turn on the layout lights. Very pleased with the outcome.
Single cord powers the light valence
I also learned today that the standard NMRA HO gage that I have had for about 15 years is exactly the width of 2 parallel tracks ... nice. Now I can really get the trackplan transferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment