Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rounding out East McKeesport

My last post was about creating the 2D buildings along the sky board in East McKeesport, along with a three-quarters version of Stetson Convention Service. Last night I completed two 3D buildings to finish East McKeesport - at least for now.
East McKeesport with tent card industries
Prior to finishing the mock-ups, I had a extra piece of an old factory as a stand-in, but index card tents indicating where the industries were on the siding. The track closest to the front represents A&J Tool & Die Co. with the factory imagined in front of the track. The rear siding has 2 buildings: Keystone Sand & Supply Co. and Pittsburgh Brewery.
New building mock-ups and a shipping sign make the scene a bit more realistic
Well, the tent cards worked so that my engineers knew where to place the cars they were delivering, but hardly realistic. Since I don't want to do too much scenery work until I know for sure how I will relocate the layout to the new house, I decided just to build a couple of quick 3D mock-ups for the back 2 industries, and a simple Shipping -> sign for A&J. Turned out pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment