Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tactical Errors

Sometimes, I think we read about the experience of others, not so we can learn from their mistakes, but to prove to ourselves that they are mistakes. Maybe it's just me.

I did not finish the basement, like most model railroaders suggest. I did not put up the backdrop before the benchwork which is why I was crawling around underneath the layout with an offset screwdriver attaching the backdrop in the 6" gap between the benchwork and the wall. Difficult, but I did get all the backdrop mounted and I decided then and there I would use bolts & nuts to attach the lighting valence.

Attach the lighting valence. How the heck am I supposed to slide the vertical supports between the ceiling and the backdrop. Dang. This may take a beer to figure out. Or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment