Sunday, March 27, 2011

Let There Be Light

As I've mentioned before, I am a procrastinator ... especially with something new. I have been wrestling with how exactly to add lighting the lightout from what type of bulb to how how it should be over the layout and how long the valence should be to hide the bulbs. Just too much.

My first attempt was to use a 2 light four foot fluorescent strip and I had planned to space them about every 2 feet. I noticed this created some serious shadows so I decided I should go with a single bulb four foot strip basically lined up end-to-end for continuous lighting. Well, the single strip light fixture was $15 compared to the $10 for 2 .... huh? That tempered my enthusiasm so it took me about 3 weeks to get the $45 worth of lighting. Then I was reading the install instructions. I have determined that when manufacturers try to present information in 3 languages all they do is make it confusing - universally. Finally, yesterday, I just tackled the job. It actually worked out and now I have some nice lighting over East McKeesport. I still need to paint the valence sky blue and since I have to install 6 more valences, this project will be stretching out for a while as I attempt to spread the investment but I like the results so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment