Sunday, November 21, 2010

LogoNet

This weekend, I had mixed success. I have been struggling with wanting to be completed to a certain point but so much needed to be done! For example, I want to have an operating session with a couple of friends and I finally have a DT-400 and DT-402 so we can run 2-4 trains. But I really need the UP-5 panels to plug the throttles into. Yes, they are IR capable so we can walk around a little but you need to plug in to select a loco to run. And to attach the UP-5 panels, I need to put up the masonite fascia. Besides buying and cutting that, I need to paint it ... you get the idea.

Saturday it occurred to me that I could go ahead and temporarily put up the panels - so I did. I installed one at each of the offline staging yards and one in Hermanie. Brilliant! I got some phone cable and tried to make the 6 conductor connectors and that was an exercise in frustration. I only had to make 3 cables but it required crimping 2 connectors on each cable and I could not get them to pass the tester plug.

Finally, I used a pair of always closed tweezers to hold the wires and then I could fasten the plugs. I was able to build 2 of the 3 but finally gave up on the third - I will come back to it later. In the meantime, I have 4 plugs left from a package of 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment