Friday, May 11, 2012

Last run on Irwin District

The last official run on the PRR Irwin District was PITT-35, a transfer from Greensburg to Pittsburgh that stops in Irwin for any west bound cars. After this run, I used the engines to pull all the cars into the Irwin yard and pack them away in boxes. All the buildings were removed and safely stored along with trees and other loose items. As I write this, all the fascia is off and the sky & light valence over the Herminie mine have been removed. All DCC equipment has been packed and I am disconnecting the bus wires to cut the module into pieces. One challenge I still have to figure out is how I will remove the 14' light bar I mounted over west staging and East McKeesport - its two separate light bars wired together. I may just cut the wire and be done with it since I won't have a 14' section at the new house to mount it.

Enjoy this video of PITT-35 pulling into the west staging yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment