Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Disassembled

Well, the layout is officially disassembled! After disconnecting the bus wires that ran the layout from end to end, I cut the track and base (pink insulation) with an old serrated kitchen knife and unbolt the sections in 6 sections. The 4' west staging and 4' Herminie pennisula where no brainers. The 30" wide section of the layout that was East McKeesport from the Rt 30 overpass to the curve into downtown Irwin was easily removed. I wanted to preserve as much of the Irwin yard as I could since I plan to reuse this and possibly East McKeesport, so I removed the 4' module between the two (representing basically downtown Irwin). The remaining section was the track out of Irwin into the east staging yard.

As I write this, 2 of the sections are at the new house and I cut 3" off the legs for Irwin yard and East McKeesport. Hopefully, Eric D and I can move the remaining modules tomorrow (except for Herminie, each one is 8' long!!) and set up Irwin and E McKeesport to test the new height (hoping for a better reach over the 30" wide East McKeesport) and begin to visualize the new layout!

Except ... stacked all the under layout components in the train room so tonight I think I need to go over and make sure nothing is higher than 48". On to the next phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment