Sunday, January 9, 2011

Staying Focused

One of the challenges I've always had is sticking with the current task. Take yesterday, for example. My original plan was to finish - and I mean FINISH - the wiring. This would entail soldering two rails to reconnect them and add the wiring for the programming track. About 30 minutes worth of work.

Ah, but first, I noticed that I forgot to clean the ballast when I worked on the Herminie mine. A few minutes with an old toothbrush and a vacuum cleaner and fixed. And while I was there, I fixed some of the scenery from when I shortened Track 3 and flipped the mine. And since I had the can of brown (earth) paint open, I painted the last strip of ground between Track 4 and the passing siding in the Irwin Yard. Yup, finishes that up nicely. Was bothering me that the pink insulin was still there in that tiny strip. Oh, and I should paint the north embankment for the Rt 30 bridge but first, I needed to cement the pylons that support the bridge, then I could paint the hillside. Nice, I feel better.

OK, now for that electrical. Lisa calls downstairs that it's dinner time. What? Where did the time go? And more important, I still haven't finished the electrical work!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment